Finally…Finished!


I finally finished the BonBon Tank! This pattern really gave me problems…as I’ve reported, I had to rip it out and restart it twice because somehow my gauge was off..this yarn is very stretchy and somewhat temperamental (breaks easily, etc.)

Then, the yarn started pooling badly, so I ripped back again and alternated between two different balls. That worked out much better.

And finally, when I knit the armbands/straps, they were huge and weirdly shaped, so I ripped them out and finally figured out how to make this thing fit. Thankfully, I got to this stage last night and since today was a midweek, overcast Fourth of July, we spent it catching up on movies on TV so I could rip and redo, rip and redo several times before I finally settled on an acceptable strap length and width across the chest and back. I think I will enjoy wearing it, but it was not an enjoyable knit.

The one redeeming feature of this pattern is that there’s no sewing together!

Now I am able to swatch for the Gatsby Girl Pullover..the Rowan Cashsoft DK feels luscious!

Advertisements

2 responses to “Finally…Finished!”

  1. Deb for Fearless Fibers says :

    I’m glad it all worked out alright in the end. I soooo feel your pain! 🙂

    Like

  2. Riggwelter says :

    cool colours, glad you worked it out in the end.

    Like

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: