Lots of Progress!
Finished two projects this weekend while hubby was out of town!
First, my LAST pair of fingerless mitts for one of my daughter’s friends. I have now made 10 pair of fingerless mitts for this lovely bunch of new drivers. I hope they all think of me and my wishes for their safety when they continue to wear them next winter.
These last two pairs (for a set of twins) were the Maine Morning Mitts from The Knitter’s Book of Yarn, knit from leftover Malabrigo Worsted. I love this stuff! I now have bits left in three colors of Mal worsted, but I know EXACTLY how many yards of each thanks to my nifty new Eat Smart Precision Pro Kitchen Scale! I had been wanting one of these for some time, but when Clara Parkes wrote about hers in Knitter’s Review a few weeks ago, I just clicked on the link and ordered it from amazon.com. It is really helpful to know how many yards of yarn I have left for planning stash projects. I know it will also come in handy in dividing sock yarn as I make more toe-up socks. And, I used it today to weigh a letter to determine whether it needed a second stamp (it did).
I also finished the Two-Toned Shell from Vogue Knitting. After much angst about how it would fit, I think (it is blocking as we speak) it will fit perfectly. And, as with most of the cotton projects I’ve made, it really smoothed out from a nice blocking. Here it is on the blocking board; I hope to be able to try it on later this week.
Next up–I will cast on for the Lotus Blossom Tank from an older issue of Interweave. I’ll be using some KnitPicks CotLIn leftover from the sweater my mom knit and I put together for her about a month ago. I swatched tonight and figured out that some of my KnitPicks Options needles were in the wrong sleeves and I had swatched with needles that were too big! I think I have them all straightened out now and will cast on with #5’s by tomorrow.